Now-a- days, global warming is one of the major environmental problems on Earth. It is changing the whole world. Global warming is a process of continuous rise in the temperature level of Earth’s Surface due to both the nature and human activities. Our earth’s surface is getting hotter day by day because of the sun’s heat and rise in the level green-house gases. It is a serious life threat to all of us on Earth, no matter where we are.
Causes of Global Warming:
- Emission of more amount green-house gases like CO2 and methane into the atmosphere.
- Use and burning of wood, coal, oil, fossil fuels etc.
- Unnecessary use of electricity.
Effects of Global Warming:
- It accelerates the temperature on the planet due to continuous rise in the level of carbon – dioxide in the atmosphere.
- Damage of the ozone layer due the release of chlorofluorocarbon gases.
- The temperature has been raised to above 40 degrees centigrade.
- Glaciers, ice bergs started melting.
- Change in the weather and climatic conditions.
- Occurrence of unusual floods, droughts, storms, cyclones, earthquakes etc.
- Rise in the Sea-level day by day.
- There is a great change in rainfall in the recent years.
- Due to this, there is a scarcity of food in some areas around the world.
- People are dying due to lack of food, high temperature and health problems. Due to this, the death rate also increased.
Due to the above effects, there is an imbalance in the ecosystem.
We are responsible for all these natural calamities. Each and every one of us is responsible for global warming. It has become a serious issue now. We, with our own hands polluting our planet in many ways and the results are:
- Mainly by deforestation, we are cutting many trees day by day and this leads to the death of plants and animals.
- We are polluting the water on earth by releasing the toxic materials into it. If we keep on continuing the same in future there will be no drinking water for us.
- We are also polluting the air by vehicle pollution, industrial pollution by releasing harmful gases into the fresh air.
To save our planet, we need to take some necessary steps in every possible way.
- We have to stop producing more CO2. For that we need to follow the below preventive measures.
- We should plant trees by afforestation to protect our forests and planet.
- We should not waste paper.
- We should stop using polythene bags.
- We have to save fuel and should reduce the use of toxic materials.
- We need to concentrate more on using renewable energy sources.
- Recycling more waste products.
- We have to conserve water.
- We should reduce the usage of electricity.
- Awareness programs must be conducted regarding Causes and Effects of Global Warming and how to overcome its effects.
Each and every individual on Earth should contribute their best to save Earth and the life existed in it. We need to make small changes now in the way we live so that we can avoid serious threats to the Life, Nature and Property on Earth in the Future.